Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:30 PM   #1

I've really enjoyed being involved in the challenges and getting to stretch my legs with my camera. I was just curious if I could still enter some of my photos in this challenge..even though I am currently not in my hometown. Or my home country for that matter. I've been deployed to Iraq for close to 4 months..living here. I was just wondering if I could still enter. Thanks

Dani
afdani1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2006, 6:12 PM   #2

Selvin will have to answer since it is his challenge. However, there is an old saying that says "Home is where the heart is". You are not in Iraq by your own choosing. While you are there, I trust you have a base of operations where you "live." Is that not your home while you are over there?

I for one have had several homes. I lived on a farm in South Dakota until I was nine. I lived in California until I was old enough to enlist in the Navy. I lived in Idaho for 17 years and now in Oregon for 17 years. Which one is home? I think there is a part of me in each of them.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 1:20 AM   #3

Afdani,

I would consider your homebase as your current hometown. Love to see some photos of your current hometown (Iraq). Realize thereare some things you can't or aren't allowed to show but nonethless, I'd be very interested.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote