Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:56 PM   #11

Sorry (I did misunderstand), but to answer his question, the answer is no......we won't allow images to be posted without consent of the original copyright holder.

Besides being illegal in the USA, it's not something we condone. The only exception is photos that are copyright free, the owner has provided a release for usage or the image is considered to be Editorial & in the public domain of free-use....usually Public Figures & Celebs, free Stock Photos & such.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 6:53 AM   #12

Kalypso wrote:
Quote:
Sorry (I did misunderstand), but to answer his question, the answer is no......we won't allow images to be posted without consent of the original copyright holder.

Besides being illegal in the USA, it's not something we condone. The only exception is photos that are copyright free, the owner has provided a release for usage or the image is considered to be Editorial & in the public domain of free-use....usually Public Figures & Celebs, free Stock Photos & such.
I'm sorry, I've confused the heck out of you. My OT question didn't have anything to do with either the forums or your original post. It's my fault for going OT in your thread. I sometimes buy 19th century photographs at antique stores and I was asking Cal what he knows about the legality/propriety of reproducing them, for instance in historical papers and journals.
bill.guenthner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:30 AM   #13

Gentlemen,
I think the topic of reproducing antique photos might be better continued in the General Q & A forum. What do you think?

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote