Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:54 PM   #1

I want to thank Bill Guenther for suggesting this challenge.

Your task for the next two weeks is to locate and photograph as many of the items in the following list as you can find. Some of the items are easy--some are hard. Archive photos are permitted since some items may be difficult to find this time of year (In the Northern Hemisphere).

Here is the list:
  1. Little Cars (Smart Car as featured in movie The DaVinci Code, Mini Cooper, or any other very small car.)[/*]
  2. A Natural Ice Sculpture (such as caused by water splashing in a fountain or a dripping faucet in freezing weather.)[/*]
  3. A Recumbant Bicycle (This is the new style of bicycle where the rider effectively lays on his back while riding.[/*]
  4. Stained Glass Window (Inside or outside view)[/*]
  5. Steam Train Locomotive (Preferably with steam and smoke)[/*]
  6. A Parachute in use (e.g. in flight)[/*]
  7. A Covered Bridge.[/*]
  8. A Trolley/Street car (Old or modern)[/*]
  9. An Auto Transport Truck loaded with new cars.[/*]
  10. An Unusual Grave Marker[/*]
  11. Golden Arches (An easy one)[/*]
  12. A Bird Nest (occupied or vacant)[/*]
  13. A Neon Sign (Best shot at night)[/*]
When you post your photos for this challenge, please note the item number in the above list with each photo. I doubt that anyone will get all thirteen but go out and find as many as you can. Remember, only two postings per day and a maximum of two photos per posting. Consequently, if you get more than four items on the list, you will have to spread your posting over two or more days.

Remember to put "Treasure Hunt" at the start of your subject line when posting.

OK! Go out and have some fun and thanks again, Bill, for suggesting this.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2007, 5:49 AM   #2

Hi, Cal! Not sure if you remember me - I haven't been here for one or two years - and don't see any of the familiar "faces" - barb coultry, ferny and his dog pickles, and the beloved vito! Hopefully I'll be back for awhile.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:06 PM   #3

Welcome back, Monkey. Yes, I certainly do remember you. I was looking back at some early challenges and your name was very prominent. Don't stay gone so long this time.

Ferney still pops in occasionally. Haven't heard from Vito since he handed the reigns off to me. I know he was attending school and working two jobs at the time.

Cal

Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:08 PM   #4

Hi, Cal! No, I won't be gone so long this time. I finally have a computer that supports Photoshop and I want to start to learn that - this is a great place to do that, even tho (if I recall correctly), the photo purists and the photo editors were jovially at opposite ends. Thanks for the welcome. I'll probably hop aboard on the next challenge.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 1:52 PM   #5

Hello Monkey,
welcome "back" While I am not an "old face" here your name and Avatar for sure rings a bell for me You might recognize my lil' rubberman avatar too

Have fun browsing and posting and good luck in learning PS - I can't afford it so will probably use Photoline instead which seems to be a good alround package.

/wave
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:38 PM   #6

A question on the rules - I have two small car pictures, but they are working vehicles and I would prefer to paint out the licence plate numbers. I realize that's really against the rules about altering photos, but would it be OK if I just did that?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:23 AM   #7

I think that is an acceptable touchup. It is a common practice to cover identifying items in a photo. It is not really altering the photo to make it look like something other than what it is. So go ahead and blur or blank out the license plates and post the photos.

Bring em' on!

Cal

Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:09 AM   #8

monkey143 wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Cal! Not sure if you remember me - I haven't been here for one or two years - and don't see any of the familiar "faces" - barb coultry, ferny and his dog pickles, and the beloved vito! Hopefully I'll be back for awhile.
'Ello, monkey.

Like Cal said, I pop on once and a while. Not often as I don't shoot very often now and I'm much more into film than I was as well. Hopefully today I'll have my darkroom fully finished. And I have a love for a crap plastic camera which was advertised as having light leaks. :lol:

Pickle is fine. Did I have Abby when you left?
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:19 AM   #9

Yes, you had Dear Abby. You actually made a photo montage of her with my hat on, that I did save to disk and just found when I was reorganizing. I also am having a blast with video - but I realized I just need to dig out my Pentax once in awhile, too! So glad you've checked in and written me a little note!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:21 AM   #10

Oh, there's your giraffe popping up, ferny. Does she join Pickles and Abby as one of yours? If so, what's her name? (I think I'm kidding - if you actually have a pet giraffe, that's a new one on me!)