Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:37 PM   #1

An original Mini Cooper
Attached Images

bill.guenthner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:38 PM   #2

.. and a mini covered bridge to go with it.
Attached Images

Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:41 PM   #3

Bill, kudos on the Treasure Hunt idea for this challenge!! I can see this being used over and over with different items each time. It seems to me that the Biweekly Shoot Out forum is the fastest growing forum here at Steve's.

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:53 PM   #4

Thanks Bob,

I hope it gives everyone a chance to post some great pics. For instance I don't have any idea where to find an open parachute or a steam locomotive but I'm rich in unique grave markers and stained glass. The Mini Cooper was just pure luck that I happened to walk past one in Lexington last summer and seeing that it was an original I took a snapshot. Good luck with the neon tonight. I bet you'll get some good ones.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 2:46 PM   #5

Bill, either you got the negative backward in the enlarger or the company put the steering wheel on the wrong side. We see a lot of those cars in the Portland area. They've been around here for five years or more and I think the color schemes are getting better. Anyway, great shot!

Outstanding shot of the bridge. I love the colors. What is the story behind that bridge? Was it built specifically for pedestrians or for kids? It looks like there are some kind of posts in front of it, presumably to keep vehicles out or donation collection boxes!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 3:17 PM   #6

Quote:
calr wrote: Bill, either you got the negative backward in the enlarger or the company put the steering wheel on the wrong side. We see a lot of those cars in the Portland area. They've been around here for five years or more and I think the color schemes are getting better. Anyway, great shot!
Thanks Cal,
As you can see from the steering wheel placement it's an original and I think it's been around much more than 5 years. It looks to be circa 1971 or so. Someone at the University of Kentucky drives it. I don't know if it's a student or faculty. It was parked in front of the library and when we saw it I ran back to the car and got my camera; only one of the many, many times my wife has had to stand and wait for me to photograph some obscure object.

Quote:
Outstanding shot of the bridge. I love the colors. What is the story behind that bridge? Was it built specifically for pedestrians or for kids? It looks like there are some kind of posts in front of it, presumably to keep vehicles out or donation collection boxes!
I shot the little bridge on New Years Eve when we were at the Makers Mark distillery. I posted some of those shots in the Hometown challenge. It's a foot bridge across a small creek that runs through the grounds.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 3:29 PM   #7

"only one of the many, many times my wife has had to stand and wait for me to photograph some obscure object."

Just goes to show that you are a true photographer! I introduced my wife to serious photography about five years ago and now I have to wait for her as much as she has to wait for me. We have totally different perspectives on what we shoot. Some of the things she shoots, I wouldn't waste time on and visa versa. She has become a fairly good photographer but still has a lot to learn especially in the area of composition.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 3:46 PM   #8

I got tickled reading this exchange, I can't count the times and the "looks" I have gotten from my wife because I found something I just had to photograph.:G

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:44 PM   #9

Hey Bob, don't get me started...I missed many great photo opportunities in order to avoid conflict.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 6:44 PM   #10

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, we both like to take photos. Our compromise was going out and buying a second dslr to avoid the"I wanna use the camera now":|

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote