Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:58 AM   #1

Well this one really was not to hard. Would have had it sooner but the weather has not been the best here.
Any way just had to haul mine out and shoot it.
This an early one, a little rough around the edges. They are much more refined today.
This is a Lightfoot Cycles, Explorer from about 1998 (I bought it used in 2002).
She is 7 feet long, and this is considered a LWB (long wheel base) and best suited for cruising.

She is a joy to ride, as I found as I got older, bicycle riding just was not the joy it used to be, at least until I got this baby. Now if a design could make the pedaling easier
Attached Images

fofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:59 AM   #2

Here is a front view (ignore the old hose in the background)
Attached Images

Old Jan 20, 2007, 7:08 PM   #3

That doesn't look anything like the recumbant bicycles I have seen. I am trying to figure out how one mounts that thing and rides it. Do you have any photos of you or someone else riding it?

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:06 PM   #4

Well, it is not to hard since the seat hight is at about 22 inches. I'll try to get my daughter to get a pic. of me riding it if weather permits tomorrow. But there are pictures at http://www.lightfootcycles.com/exmodel.htm if you can't wait. About the only thing is you have to start with a pedal up (since you don't push off). I'll also bet the ones you are thinking about are the short wheel base (SWB) where the feet are out in front of the front wheel, and you are in a more reclined postion. The LWB's have a better ride (said due to frame flex, I don't know for sure) and mine rides like a dream. Just all the metal is a tad on the heavy side, but since you don't get the butt/back/wrist pain, you don't mind.