Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 27, 2007, 1:24 AM   #1

This first neon sign is tad overexposed but the Main attraction on the cuisine is what caught my eye:

The next shot might need a bit of interpretation. The loco moco is a reference to a local favorite menu item

This isn't part of the submission but additional explanation about the loco moco. This is an example of one local version of the loco moco.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:40 AM   #2

Nice job, Selvin. I have yet to try the neon sign. Maybe tonight when we go out. The weather is a little more cooperative today for photos. It never got above 4º at my house yesterday.

So, what exactly is the loco moco - breakfast, lunch or dinner? I see what looks like potato salad, sausages, eggs, chili, rice and hash browns. Am I guessing right?
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:57 PM   #3

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Nice job, Selvin. I have yet to try the neon sign. Maybe tonight when we go out. The weather is a little more cooperative today for photos. It never got above 4º at my house yesterday.

So, what exactly is the loco moco - breakfast, lunch or dinner? I see what looks like potato salad, sausages, eggs, chili, rice and hash browns. Am I guessing right?
I see, sausages, rice topped with chili topped with eggs SPAM and cole slaw. The heart attack special.:G Nice shots Selvin.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:45 PM   #4

Thanks for your comments folks. The original Locomoco was a bowl of cooked rice topped with a grilled hambuger patty and brown gravy covered with a fried egg.

Variations have been sprouting up all over the place. The one shown honors the fact that this restaurant is located on the Big Island of Hawaii which has the famous volcanoes.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote