Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:49 PM   #1

OK, figured a shot a little closer to home would be nice also
Attached Images

fofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:41 PM   #2

Fofa,

I think one of the reasons this effort doesn't grab my attention as much as your Alaska submissions is because I'm not sure what the caption refers to. The home or the forest?

Also, the home is somewhat obscured so it's hard to figure out if I'm in for a log cabin or similar vs a luxury country home.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:18 PM   #3

Well this was a shot of what is called a "greenbelt" here (paths through woods and natural areas). This is looking down the end of one of those paths in the woods (wild) showing a home (mild). So I was just trying to come up with a match.
Thanks for the feedback, that's one reason I post here.
fofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:30 PM   #4

I think I have to agree with Selvin even after reading your comments. Without your description, the caption is somewhat hazy. This could be a rural residential area where it is common to have wooded driveways and yards. Also, a picture postcard is supposed to lure the viewer to a place they have never seen or visited. Are you trying to invite people to your home? I don't think so.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:58 PM   #5

What I find interesting about this is the discussion, and everyone's different interpretation. Being someone from Southern California, I instantly thought that this was (more or less) an advertisement of a housing development on the outskirts of an urban area, and how this would appeal to people who are starved for greenery due to only seeing concrete. While I didn't think the picture was "pretty" in the sense that a shot of Half Dome at sunset is pretty, I thought it was effective as a device to get someone to visit a near-by real estate office. It never occurred to me when I first looked at it that others might not see it that way - a fascinating revelation.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote