Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:23 PM   #1

These were taken last Saturday morning. That was the closest I could get to the tower without traipsing through the snow. Not sure if the rain that night melted any of the snow. I haven't been out of the house since except to the doctor's office yesterday. Seem to have caught what my coworkers had.

Will try to catch up with all the photos posted since then. Seems I've missed a lot.

Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:24 PM   #2

Here is most of the building. This is the Academy Building. It was erected in 1794. Take that back. In reading the history of the building, this is the third Academy Building erected on that site. The fourth for the schoolthat was started in 1781. It was dedicated in 1915. The other two succumbed to fire.

It is a co-educational residential school for 9th - 12th graders. Quite a few famous people have gone to school here and at thePhillips Academy Andover.
Attached Images

Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:31 PM   #3

Very nice NHM! Hope you get well soon!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:16 PM   #4

Thanks, Bob on both accounts. On the way to recovery. Hoping to get back to work tomorrow. We'll see in the morning.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:38 PM   #5

Great shots. That flu or whatever it is, is nasty. It swept through my wifes office like a storm. Glad to hear you are recovering.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:07 PM   #6

NHM, cool shots....

It looks like the flu has slowed you down! According to the clock, it took about 4 minutes to back up and take the OA shot:-) JK, BTW!
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:58 PM   #7

Thanks, Cal and Kita. I must have really been out of it. I said I took those shots in the morning, but these were actually taken in the afternoon. I had stopped once on the way into town and took some more on my way out when I was beginning to feel ill. Kita, the delay was probably due to the rain that had started and the cars going by. Although, I was moving slow, too.:sad:

I don't wish this on anyone. This makes day 5 and I'm still dragging with antibiotics! But, getting a little better each day.

p.s. This probably isn't the place to ask this, but what is the significance of the colored files on the left sides of the posts? A while ago I had found a page that explained some of the stuff in these forums, but I didn't see anything about that.

Patty
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:13 PM   #8

NHM - the whole comment about moving slow was just a weak (apparently) attempt at humor.....but since it's like, after 10 where you are, I would consider getting some rest, to help with your recovery:roll:

OK, now you can say "Yes, Mom", and I'll leave you alone!:-)
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 6:56 AM   #9

Okay, "Yes, Mom." (I went to bed soon after that post. Honest, I did.)

I had tried going to bed earlier, but I have this thing in my bed that snores and I was just tossing and turning. So, decided to get up and look to see what had been posted.

I should not have responded to your post when under the weather. Well, off to work. Let's see if I can stay all day today.