Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:12 PM   #11

Thanks, Selvin. I was amazed they came out as clear as they did being taken handheld. I haven't mastered that yet.

This building has had me curious. So, I did some searching and found out it is the "111 Huntington Avenue" and part of the Prudential Center. A little more can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111_Huntington_Avenue Along with a view from above, which you'd never find me getting. :-) Little fear of heights here.

You can see the Church of Christ, Scientist in the bottom photo on that link. It is the building about 2/3 way down on the far left side of the photo, with the rounded dome top.

p.s. Forgot to mention, it wasn't built until 2002.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:20 AM   #12

NhMom,

I spent some time in Boston in 2004 and really enjoyed myself. You can see the results of many walking tours here:

http://www.pbase.com/selvin/boston

I did a careful search of my photos and was able to find some I took around the Church of Christ Scientist and the Prudential Center.The wonderful building you highlighted was in the background of one of my shots along with several of the Church.

One of my shots is shown below:

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:05 PM   #13

Selvin,

I visited your web page. It is wonderful! You've got some really beautiful photos.

I especially liked seeing the ones from Chinatown as they were the same images I took (the gate, the protestors, the cooked duck). The people I was with were wondering why I was taking photos of those things. Now I don't feel so silly. The gate was one I was going to use for the past challenge as I had done a closeups of the various parts of it. But, didn't post in time for the challenge.

I also have a similar photo taken years ago of the John Hancock building with Trinity Church reflecting in it. I was intrigued by the photos of the holocaust memorial. I have never seen that. Usually when I go into town the past few years I've been going down Newbury St to the NEHGS (genealogy society).

Thanks for sharing.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote