Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:51 AM   #1

Therre is something that bugs me about this image. Is it soft? Are the colors wrong? I am going to try this again tonight with a tripod and differnt lighting.

vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:55 AM   #2

I like the way the shallow depth of field makes the subject candies sharp but the rest soft. I think lighting is your problem. If you have one of those little disposable LED flashlights ($1 at the Dollar store!), try reducing the overall lighting and highlight the red piece with the flashlight. They put out a narrow but bright beam so should be ideal for this application.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:06 AM   #3

I really like the concept on this one. It does seem a bit soft, but the colors look good to me. I'm not sure how many colors come in a package nowadays, but maybe when you retry use more colors and move the red one just a touch more toward center (but not directly centered)

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:12 AM   #4

Cal, I do have one of those lights..thanks for the tip...defiantly a tripod shot so I have enough hands.

mugmar...interesting thing you say about the colors...I took out the orange and yellow M&Ms because they really took away from the red being the focal point. I will throw the rest of the colors in for another try and see what you think!
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:37 PM   #5

Vanessa,

While I agree accurate focussing may be a part of the problem, you indicated that you would be using a tripod on the second attempt. Looks more like shaking was the culprit to me.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote