Old Apr 1, 2007, 1:07 AM   #1

satire23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2007, 3:16 AM   #2

Okay, spidey, we got the point.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:04 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum, Satire. I hope you like what you see here. We have a lot of fun here and an added bonus is the opportunity to learn new techniques to use with your camera. We have a new challenge every two weeks and you get a chance to see some excellent photos (and some not so good!) along with the chance for you to show us what you did to interpret the current challenge. Everyone is invited to make comments on the photos. We mods try to comment on all the photos posted. With the increased activity we've seen in recent months, that is a challenge in itself!

I like your composition in this photo but it seems a bit drab. I am not sure if it needs to be lightened a bit or the contrast needs boosting a bit. A saturation adjustment might help but it is very easy to over-saturate.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 1:26 PM   #4

calr wrote:
Quote:
I like your composition in this photo but it seems a bit drab. I am not sure if it needs to be lightened a bit or the contrast needs boosting a bit. A saturation adjustment might help but it is very easy to over-saturate.
I agree with Cal on both aspects of his saturation point. My Alpha generally undersaturates and i have been trying to get my color controls to a decent customization. My friend, who showcases her work at www.shannonlepere.com , has gotten me in the habit of having two copies of the file open at once to make sure post-shooting colour correction isn't too drastic.

Nice shot though, my only addition to calr's comments would be a tighter crop!
Dr. Mr. Vandertramps is offline   Reply With Quote