Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:54 PM   #1

A single red object, regardless how small counts, right? When I switch the lights off, I see a single red glowing light in one room in my house... this is where it comes from:

Here's another view:

There you go it's red and ithas your attention when you look at the pic, right?

/wave

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:25 PM   #2

Absolutly, my eye is drawn to the tiny bit of red. I like the depth of field , too.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:28 PM   #3

By Jove, I think you're getting the hang of it! I believe you have met the requirements of the challenge. The red power button is the only thing in focus in both shots and your eyes are drawn to it. Having said that, I would also say that these are not the most exciting photos I have ever seen. Regardless, I think you have learned some things in this exercise and that will make a better photographer of you.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:40 PM   #4

Clever
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 3:07 AM   #5

Great! Thanks for the comments - yes, I sometimes need my time to do these things, but with just two challenges a month I have time to practise! :|

@Calr
Most exciting... well - I am definitely not the photographer to do this, so that's fine with me. Will see if other subjects appear in front of my lens, but I wanted to practise that selective sharpness thingie and was longing for some kind of success after my ballpen shot failed (still wondering if that can be ever done... hm).

@Walter
Yay thanks! You know - when it is really dark - this tiny LED is really the only light available and it is a somewhat scary sight at times. I was searching for a long time to get a radio which doesn't have a complete lightshow going when put in suspend/off mode, which most of the smaller ones do for some silly reason. So I was quite happy to get this one which has only this tiny LED - plus it has a great sound

I even did a shot in darkness with only the LED to be seen - but thought you'll all throw me out of here if I give you that shot - so I went for a somewhat more traditional photo

@All
As for DOF - sorry for my shallow DOF pictures I spam here... I got my first ever lens with that capability and it is just too much fun to walk around and try out things... it will stop within some weeks I'd say :roll:

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:23 AM   #6

Th, let's hope your desire to try new things NEVER ends. Some of your experiments will be dismal failures. Some will be mediocre, and some will be outstanding. That is how we learn and perfect new techniques. It is also how we learn the capabilities and limitations of our equipment.

Regarding LEDs in the dark, we have a loft overlooking the living room that we use as an office and computer room. There are three computers and numerous peripherals. When it is dark and the room lights are off, you can see a couple dozen red and green specks of light around the room. It looks like something from a scifi movie! Then there's my wifes new washer and dryer. The front of those machines looks like something from NASA in the dark!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote