Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 7, 2007, 1:04 PM   #1

Hope this qualifies. Was driving down a country road and ran across this barn. The red bar really stood out against the green of the wheat and the blue of the sky.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks for looking.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Mandy.
Attached Images

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2007, 2:06 PM   #2

Very Nice. I love it. How many images are stiched together and what software did you use? I notice that the image is brighter in the center than the ends. I don't know how much experience you have had shooting panoramas but here are a couple tips that might help.

First of all, manual exposure is a must. Meter on the brightest part of the scene and use that exposure setting for all shots in the pano. Second, use manual focus. Focus on any part of the scene that should be sharp and use that focus setting for all shots. Third, use a steady tripod and make sure the head of the tripod is level. You can get a small bubble level that slips into the hot shoe socket of the camera.

The reason for these manual operations is to insure that you have consistent exposure from one shot to the next and consistent focus from one shot to the next. The level camera makes it much easier for the stitching software to do its work.

One last tip, don't do any post processing before stitching. Wait until you have the stitched image and do any required post processing on that image.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 3:02 PM   #3

Cal, Wow thanks for the tip on shooting for a pano.....

This is from one photo that I ended up cropping the foreground up to make it a pano. I only adjusted the levels in PSE 5 and sharpened slightly. So not sure why the middle turned out brighter, but I truly didn't do much adjusting at all. I remember this was a very bright day and I believe I used a circular polarizer. I imagine I was using Progrom mode. (trying towean my way off of this mode and use Manual more often).

I really appreciate the tips for the pano shot though. I would love to do something when in Colorado this summer again.

Mandy.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote