Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:01 PM   #1

ShutterBugSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:23 AM   #2

First of all, allow me to welcome you to the forum. I hope you like what you find here. A new challenge is posted every two weeks so you can never be sure what you will find.

This is an interesting shot of the cars but a couple things bother me. First of all, the photo is larger than what we like to see here. We try to limit the size to no more than 800 pixels on the long dimension. This is for the benefit of our dialup users who have to wait a long time for large photos to load.

There is a lot of asphalt in this photo. A lot of building, also. Since you seem to be featuring the car that is "on fire", why not try cropping down to just that car with a small amout of detail around it.

My last comment is on saturation. The colors seem a bit pale to me. A slight boost in saturation might be helpful. However, it is very easy to oversaturate so use caution.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 7:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome, Cal. Sorry about the pic size, I fixed it. Yea, I wasn't too thrilled with my selection of pics which were taken with a Fine Pix A205. Luckily I got my new camera today, a CanonS3 IS. Thanks for the advice, i'm learning.
ShutterBugSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote