Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:44 PM   #1

I haven't had much time thisweek to check out all the photos here. But, did take this one earlier in the week on my travels of trying to find a road open that I could get home on. Almost ran out of ways with all the closed roads due to the weather.

I didn't want to put my camera on the ground for this and definitely wasn't going to lie on the ground, so this was just holding my camera very close to the ground and shooting.
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:51 AM   #2

This is a great shot that tells a story. It does a great job of showing some of the hardships created by the "Noreaster" weather patterns plaguing the eastern part of the country.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:04 PM   #3

That just a trickle compared to some fo the other roads you've seen, I'm sure. Our beaches got beat up pretty badly with close to 5 days of storm surge and astronmically high tides.

Nice shot.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:09 PM   #4

In urban NY at the southern tip of the Bronx aside from the winds and the rain one couldn't tell the northeaster was wreaking havoc. Yesterday while driving up to Tarrytown further upstate the damage was definitely more apparent.

Scenes similar to the one your photo conveyed abounded adjacent to the freeways and parkways.

Cheers.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 9:20 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments. Yes, this storm has definitely wreaked havoc in the area.And, yes, that photo is of only a small trickle compared to some I've seen. It was just one I dared getclose enough to. We haven't had phone service since at least Monday at my home. There were still some roads closed today and a lot of the kids in the area are going to have a two week vacation of this. No school this week and next week is spring break. The road above the dam in town that was just repaired this summer from last year's May storm has washed out again.

I posted some other photos I took during the week athttp://picasaweb.google.com/nhmom50 They are under April 2007 storm - what else! It's difficult to get to a lot of the places where the roads are washed out. These are mild compared to some spots I've seen that I just didn't have my camera with me.

We are heading to my son's house in New Jersey tomorrowfor a long ago planned baby shower (my first grandchild). He has been baling out his basement all week. The rain has stopped today, but he says the water just keeps coming. And, he lives at the top of a hill!

Sorry to be so long.:-)
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote