Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 6, 2007, 12:25 AM   #1

I was sitting quietly by a slough and this guy appeared.

philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2007, 9:11 AM   #2

Philby,

Maginally this is an example of framing but the example lacks clarity. E.g. the branches used in the framing are so scattered that it is difficult to decide which are the framing branches and which aren't. Are they the big branches or the smaller ones?

Also the beavers are so tightly surounded by the branches the overall effect is probably not as elegant as you hap hoped.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 2:00 PM   #3

I agree with you Selvin. I had to wait until the beaver's head was not partially blocked by the two limbs. He was so close that any movement by me would of spooked him. I find it very difficult to get clear shots of these critters, in that there is a lot of under growth. If I position myself to where I can get a clear shot then they see me first.

This speaks in general to the problems I encounter when taking photos in the area I live. The brush and trees are thick. Distilling the frame to its most elegant elements is a real challenge. I use camouflage, angle of shot and aperture to work around all of the stuff in front of and behind the subject. If anyone has any special technique shooting in dense environments, I would appreciate the help.

Cal thank you for the duck tape tip in another post.
philby is offline   Reply With Quote