Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:22 PM   #1

Old cabin in Death Valley....flag included!
Attached Images

Deepdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:28 PM   #2

It's a nice photo of the cabin but selective coloring is not acceptable in this forum. The posting guidelines were a casualty of the recent forum crash but briefly, the only post processing acceptable here are conversion from color to BW or Sepia, and/or adjustments to color balance, sharpness, contrast, brightness, and cropping. Basically, we want to see the photo as it came from the camera.

Selective coloring is a great technique and you have done a good job. You see this technique used a great deal in advertising photos. If you want to pursue this further, you might want to try the digital art forum.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the note Cal. I did check with the forum rules before posting and as you noted there was none posted because of the crash. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Feel free to red flag or delete this mistaken post. Me Bad :sad:
Deepdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 3:06 AM   #4

calr wrote:
Quote:
............the only post processing acceptable here are conversion from color to BW or Sepia, and/or adjustments to color balance, sharpness, contrast, brightness, and cropping. Basically, we want to see the photo as it came from the camera.
Thanks, Cal. You've reminded us of the basic rules I was after right, right here. It's not a sticky yet, but folk who browse will find it!

Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 9:13 AM   #5

Alan, are you saying the forum guidelines thread is still here but no longer anchored? If so, how many pages (screens) did you have to go back in the index to find it. If I can find it, I can re-anchor it. I don't have time to search for it this morning...I have a job interview.

Thanks.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:12 AM   #6

Cal,

No, I'm just saying that your message about two spaces above this one in this thread explains some of what not to do. Sorry I don't have any archive of the rules, especially not in my memory.

Alan T

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote