Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:33 PM   #1

My granddaddy bought the school he went to when he was young. I had the opportunity to photograph it today.

It dates back to 1929 (i think)
Attached Images

novice_photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:35 PM   #2

Another view.
Attached Images

Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:36 PM   #3

I am curious what kind of camera you used to shoot these photos. It almost looks like they were shot with a cell phone camera. The focus is soft and the contrast is a little flat. The saturation is a little weak, also.

In the first shot, I would recomment zooming or moving closer to fill the frame with the school building. In this case, there is too much grass and sky and nothing else to add interest. In the second shot, you've gotten closer but you chopped off the left end of the building. I think if you were wanting to do a closeup of part of the building, it might be better to move to the right about 20-30 feet and place the corner in the center of the frame and zoom to include about half of the building. You could experiment to get the best composition.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:42 AM   #4

My digital camera is a Medion MD410Z3. An old point n shoot. It's drives me bonkers.

Quote:
In the first shot, I would recomment zooming or moving closer to fill the frame with the school building. In this case, there is too much grass and sky and nothing else to add interest.
There really isn't anything of interest around there other than the old train tracks(still in use) and the other buildings that came with the school. It's a run down side of town. Although.....:-)If you go down the road tomy right, there is a speedway.
Quote:
In the second shot, you've gotten closer but you chopped off the left end of the building. I think if you were wanting to do a closeup of part of the building, it might be better to move to the right about 20-30 feet and place the corner in the center of the frame and zoom to include about half of the building. You could experiment to get the best composition.

Yes, I wanted to get a shot of the building without the tree. Okay, i'll try that next time. I plan on going back soon and will show you the pictures.

Jami
Old Jun 6, 2007, 8:56 AM   #5

Three duplicate posts deleted.
Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:42 AM   #6

Thanks Cal.