Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:25 PM   #1

OK it hit 100 here today so I'm not going out to shoot. But here are some test shots I took when I got my camera a couple of weeks ago.

This one shot in P mode was a little underexposed so I adjusted the levels in photoshop

Converted to B&W in photoshop's "Channel Mixer"

Another test shot Macro mode

Again converted with the Channel Mixer

Another take

On this one I cloned a pedal to cover up a dead leaf that was distracting.

Converted with the Channel Mixer then I applied the "Diffused Glow filter" which I faded a little to get back detail in the flower.

Supposed to be 100+ all week Maybe I'll shoot some mre this weekend.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:20 PM   #2

Just walking around the apartments looking for something to shoot. Channal mixer again

On this one I used "Vertual photographer" plug in which is good for effects rather than a sraight convertion.

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 8:01 AM   #3

I know I said the limit on number of photos per posting was waived for this challenge but I think you have kind of taken advantage of it. The intent of the waiver was to allow two or more conversion techniques on a given photo to be shown, not to show a half dozen unrelated photos and their conversions.

Since you have so many photos here, I am only going to comment on two of them. I think the best ones are the cat and the first white flowers. (I don't know what they are called) These two are excellent. All the others are average with a couple that are borderline on even being acceptable in this forum. The glow effect on the white Camelia is not acceptable. Also the purple tinting of the gas meters. Those effects are outside the allowed post processing methods in this forum.

I know you are having fun with your new camera but please try to constrain yourself when posting photos to the forum.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote