Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 6, 2007, 6:30 PM   #1

I used a Gradient map conversion on this picture of the young lady and her spinning wheel. http://www.blackandwhitedigital.com/...atic/gmap.html I also added a pinch of sepia.
~BC~

Attached Images

bigchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2007, 6:31 PM   #2

color
Attached Images

Old Jul 6, 2007, 6:43 PM   #3

Very nice. Is this a pioneer museum with live actors portraying period roles? I know there is one of these in Salt Lake City and another in Burnaby, B.C. just east of Vancouver.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:59 PM   #4

This is Davies Manor. I've lived here in Memphis, Tn. on and off for 40 years and did not know about this place till yesterday. The lady in the pictures works there and was nice enough to pose for a few pictures.
~BC~
[align=center] DAVIES MANOR
[/align]
Located at Brunswick, Davies Manor is recognized as the oldest extant dwelling in Shelby County and perhaps West Tennessee. The west section of the two-story, white oak log, central hall plan house dates to circa 1807 and has been attributed to an unknown Native American owner and builder. A mound probably dating to the Middle Woodland Period is directly adjacent to the dwelling.

In 1831 Joel W. Royster enlarged the house into a fashionable two-story, three-bay farmhouse. The house became known as Davies Manor sometime after its acquisition by Logan E. Davies in 1851. Logan and his brother James B. Davies eventually operated a plantation of two thousand acres which was especially noted for its production of Berkshire swine.

Davies Manor is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and was included in the 1976 and 1986 surveys of Tennessee Century Farms. In 1976 Ellen Davies-Rogers donated the house to the Davies Manor Association, which operates it as a historic house museum of antebellum life in Shelby County.

calr wrote:
Quote:
Very nice. Is this a pioneer museum with live actors portraying period roles? I know there is one of these in Salt Lake City and another in Burnaby, B.C. just east of Vancouver.

Cal