Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:38 PM   #1

On the way to the Rockies game the other day.

Wintershooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2007, 4:07 PM   #2

It appears that not many people are reading the entire challenge description. Would you please post the color original of this shot and tell us how you did the conversion.

The chain-link fence seems to be a major obstacle in this shot. if you lens is small enough, I suggest you get right up close to the fence and stick the lens in between the wires. If it is too big (diameter), try holding the end against the wire fabric and center it in one of the openings. This is where a uv filter comes in real handy to protect the front of the lens.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 5:30 PM   #3

Sorry Cal, I went back and re-read the challenge thread and this doesn't quite fit, this shot was taken with the monochrome setting on my camera and not photoshopped.

As far as the fence in the picture goes, I wanted that to be part of the effect and not just have the focus on the background. I guess it doesn't work like I hoped it would when I snapped it. Any other tips and criticisms are appreciated
Wintershooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:13 PM   #4

The monochrome setting on your camera is fine for the challenge. The main thing we are interested is how you created the BW image. If it was a conversion from color, we would like to see the color image. I think you are the first to submit a camera BW image.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 7:27 PM   #5

Agreed with calr,You are the 1st one who has not use the PSor any software for conversion.( even I have used Picasa for conversion ) and I applude you for that.
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote