Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 26, 2007, 1:03 PM   #1

This is a picture of my youngest brother on the bridge in our backyard. He's playing guitar as my dad looks on in approval. I also imagine my dad feeling a since of relief and accomplishment as this was taken the morning after Parker (the youngest of 4 boys) graduated from HS. I don't know from personalexperience...but for my parents to raise 4 boys and see us through high school and to college and beyond is an amazing accomplishment in my book.

note: I can post the picture without the effects if this does not fit within the parameters of the contest. I saw Walter's picture with the watercolor filter and was reminded of this shot.
Attached Images

mctrees02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2007, 3:44 PM   #2

I do agree with you about your father's accomplishments. Raising 4 kids is not an easy task. I have one and that's been challenging!

As for you photo, although the special effect is very interesting, I'm not sure how well received it will be since there is another forum for this type of work. I also think that the interpretation of"portrait" is becoming broader and broader. I'm not sureI'd consider this image a portrait but, that's really not up to me tomake the determination.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:17 PM   #3

oh well...I like to be rebelious!!! :|
mctrees02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:40 PM   #4

First and foremost, this is not a contest. Please read the forum guidelines anchored at the top of the forum. You will find there the guidelines for post processing. The special effect you used, although interesting, does not qualify for this forum. You might want to consider posting this photo in the digital art forum "next door".

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 4:06 AM   #5

To echo Cal and Tullio,

Pls post in Digital art Forum.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote