Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 1, 2007, 3:54 PM   #1

Another tour bus from London. This is the one that we went on!
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2007, 7:01 PM   #2

A double-decker with the top cut off! That looks like a fun ride if it's not raining.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:13 PM   #3

It looks like you had a great time over there! Nice shot!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2007, 12:47 AM   #4

Thank you, Cal and Bob. It actually rained a couple of times during the tour but it was very very light and we had our raincoats on so it was OK. Whenthe rain is heavy, the put the top on.

Yes, Bob, it was three weeks of fun (and rain). We drove almost 3,000 miles throughout the entire Country.I'm still mad that I lost a 2 Gb card full of images.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 12:57 AM   #5

I rode a couple of these while in New York. My early trepidations were put at ease by the excellent tour guides.

Aloha and thanks for sharing.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2007, 1:03 AM   #6

Those are actually very safe buses to ride on, Selvin. No need to worry! Our tour guide was a bit on the serious side but she provided a lot of information about the history of London, a city that is changing very rapidly.More and more new architecture isemerging next to the old traditional buildings. The London Eye is a good example and many Londoners absolutely despise the giant Ferris Wheel!
Old Sep 2, 2007, 1:13 AM   #7

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
....mad that I lost a 2 Gb card full of images.
I lived in fear of such 'memory loss' throughout my recent holiday, and I extend my condolences. Please come back soon to retake your shots!

The huge size of tiny cards at ludicrously low prices makes this sort of accident inevitable.I'm grateful to you, Tullio, for your timely warning posted here a couple of 'challenges' ago, which made me very careful. It's now difficult to find cards smaller than 1GB here.

Chester, near home, and Edinburgh where I often go were early adopters of these buses. The air seems cleanerin the open air on the top decks; traffic fumes linger at street level before dispersing, and you catch any breeze. Heavy traffic is no problem, as you get a longer dose of interesting historic commentary, as antidote to the CO NOx and particulates.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2007, 1:40 AM   #8

Glad my warnings were of anyhelp, Alan.

I'm not sure about the cleaner air up at the top. Fumes coming out of vehicles tendto be in the form of hot air and hot air goes...up!As for the traffic,the worse, the better (for us, tourists) since it takes longer to complete the entire tour and the slow motion helpswith the photographic attempts!We were notinanyrush and had a lot of fun!

Yes, I now have 5x1 gbmemory stick cards and a 2 gb compact flash (the R1 takes both types). At least, if I happen to loose a MS card, I only loose 1 gb worth of pictures.