Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:29 PM   #11

Just load up one of the pictures to view in your LCD viewer and when you go back use it as your guide. Should be no trouble finding that sweet spot on the bridge. :G
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:04 PM   #12

Bynx, great idea in theory, but not in practice. Your camera formats the memory card or microdrive differently than your computer. If you use your computer to copy an image to the card, the image might not be readable by the camera and, further, it may corrupt the formatting on the card, possibly losing any pictures that were on it.

The card should only be formatted by the camera and never by the computer.

As an alternative to your idea, print a 4x6 copy of the image and use that print to make sure you are in the right spot.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:06 PM   #13

So Cal, are you saying that once pic files are removed from the SD card in the camera and installed on the computer there is no way to get them back if you want to transport the pics? My Fujipix software asks if pics are coming from the camera or going to the camera. Ive never tried it yet but it seemed to make sense to me. Glad you told me this. It might have been disasterous.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:10 PM   #14

can't duplicatea shot better than this unless you leave your tripod on the bridge all year!
lapstrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:48 PM   #15

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
......pic files are removed from the SD card in the camera and installed on the computer there is no way to get them back if you want to transport the pics?
Clearly, great caution is necessary, and it would be silly to putany work at risk if it hadn'tbeen backed up.Nevertheless I have successfully done this several times , for one reason or another, withoutany problems

There is a problem, not necessarilyfatal, if the camera doesn't recognise the image as its own.

I have a piece of shareware called 'TVWriter' from a gentleman in Edinburgh ( http://www.satsignal.net/ ). It allows you to put any jpg image back on your card, for various different makes of camera. This allows you topresent slide shows with captions, presentations, lectures, sales pitches etc. to anyone with a TV with AV input. You plug your camera AV output into the TV, without the expense & hassle of a full-blown video projector.

yesterday's idea of long-term time-lapse photography is wonderful. It's most beautifully illustrated here, and Cal showed us its long-term possibilites the other day.

If I attempted it, I'd have to set diary reminders to make sure I remembered to take the next shot!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote