Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 4, 2007, 9:55 PM   #1

A couple of shots form the park.

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:14 PM   #2

Beautiful shots. That Mallard duck shot is classic. You should submit that to the National Audobon Society! Where were these shot?

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 11:16 PM   #3

Man! Those are terrific. I agree with Cal, that Mallard shot is calendar quality. Outstanding.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 11:40 PM   #4

calr wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots. That Mallard duck shot is classic. You should submit that to the National Audobon Society! Where were these shot?

Cal
Thanks for the kind comments Cal and Steve!!
Cal, the shots were taken at Laurelhurst park in Portland Oregon. The fall colors there and in the streets around Portland are just fantastic. The greenish color of the water in the first shot is due to a green algae bloom but it sure does add some color to a shot.

Old Nov 5, 2007, 5:28 AM   #5

Very nice. Very colorful. Looks like the mallard had just taken a dunk searching for something.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 5:48 AM   #6

I can't add anything to what has already been said. Well done.
yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 7:10 AM   #7

Nicely done, they are both beautiful, I like how the pine trees frame the first shot and the 2nd shot has great color, thanks for sharing.
dcg0317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:09 AM   #8

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Cal, the shots were taken at Laurelhurst park in Portland Oregon. The fall colors there and in the streets around Portland are just fantastic.
I know of this place but have never been there! I have lived in the Portland area for about 20 years and have never seen Laurelhurst Park. I think a visit is in order this coming weekend, weather permitting.

Are you located in Portland or were you just visiting?

Cal
Old Nov 5, 2007, 4:58 PM   #9

calr wrote:
Quote:
tcook wrote:
Quote:
Cal, the shots were taken at Laurelhurst park in Portland Oregon. The fall colors there and in the streets around Portland are just fantastic.
I know of this place but have never been there! I have lived in the Portland area for about 20 years and have never seen Laurelhurst Park. I think a visit is in order this coming weekend, weather permitting.

Are you located in Portland or were you just visiting?

Cal
We are relocating to Portland after living in Northern California (Eureka area) and the same house for over 33 years. I am not sure we sill stay in Portland but we are going to rent here until we look around and decide what we want to do.

If you get a chance to go to Laurelhurst park you might also want to look at Crystal Spring Rhododendron gardens. It is located on SE 28th ave. & Woodstock Blvd. I have not been there to see the fall colors but they should be great.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 5:33 PM   #10

Now, you just triggered my memory. I've been to Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden several times. If you want to do some spectacular macro shots, go there in the spring when the bushes and trees have just filled out with there blossoms. The first couple of times I went there, it was free if you went early in the morning. Apparently they didn't know that early morning is the absolute best time to photograph at the gardens.

There is a golf course right next to Crystal Springs and a college accross the street. If I recall correctly, Laurelhurst is on the other side of the golf course.

Cal