Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 8, 2007, 3:03 PM   #1

Adolf Hitler might have liked this image. I'm too young (b.1949) to remember WW2 first hand, but such is the power of the historical record that it hit me immediately on reviewing my recent shots in the light of this challenge.

It's Remembrance Week this week, Armistice Day on Sunday, when Britain remembers its war dead over the centuries.Our house is apparently the holiday home where Wilfred Owen, the WW1 poet,experienced his first poetic feelings as ayouth.My similarly-aged (and occasionally poetic) son was interviewed in our kitchen last year by the BBC for a 'Wilfred Owen week' on the radio. http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwa..._gallery.shtml

Ishouldn't think Wilfred's ghost would like the 'SS' symbol on display, indicating that we'vedone it all again, for various reasons, many times since.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2007, 3:08 PM   #2

...and here's the full frame resized, which you may have seen before, as an example of my trouble with wires...
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 7:01 PM   #3

How cool to live in such a historical house, Alan.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 3:50 AM   #4

Dear Alan, thank you for the elaboration... Or else I would be looking for a swastika in the picture, the good old ancient sun symbol!!, at vain!

Btw, reading about the ex-owner of your house whom youcompare withyour son, I'dsay it's a great match for a sensitive soul like yourself
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 8:49 AM   #5

Alan,

For a moment I was wondering if you were trying to recreate the ancient Nazca lines in your backyard.

Very subtle and as we have seen many times in the past the similarity to other less desireable symbols most serendipitous.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 7:23 PM   #6

That field is sure a beautiful scene Alan and I know what you mean about the wires. I think I would just have to do a little PP work and get rid of the wires. Again, a beautiful scene.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote