Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Dec 6, 2007, 6:23 AM   #1

Apologies, Vanessa, for intruding on your fortnight, but I felt Cal deserved a little present for all his hard work, and after all he did say...
calr wrote:

Quote:
.....I love to hear a chorus of recorders with all sizes represented....
I can't easily give him the sound, but here is the weekly recorder group at our house last night rehearsing for their performance for the "Men's Supper Club" next Tuesday in the church next door.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2007, 6:27 AM   #2

This shows one of the less commoninstruments, a bass recorder bent over to make it easier to manage.

I haven't cropped out our children's portait, to show you they've grown up rather since then. Sue points out that somewhere we have a picture of a tiny Holly (now 23) playing a one-sixteenth-size (so-called) tiny violin, which would have been a nice entry. If I find it I'll post it elsewhere & let you know.

Attached Images

Old Dec 6, 2007, 8:08 AM   #3

Nice shots Alan. And again a personal side too showing us more of your space. By the way, you could easily make an mp3 of the rehearsal and make it available to us. :idea:
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2007, 9:36 AM   #4

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
...you could easily make an mp3 of the rehearsal
Yes, I know. I've done just that using my Video8 camcorder (Betamax-like good stereo sound) & sound card to make CDs & clipsof some of Sue's solo performances. But...

...all the participants were, after querying the exact nature of the 'internet forum' where they'd be seen, happy to be photographed. We're a trustworthy bunch, aren't we? However, several were categorical they should be seen and not heard. I think they soundpretty good, but the whole photographic world isn't quite the same as Brown Knowl Methodist Church. The gentleman on the right apologised in advance for his flash-reflecting dome.

Sue's Mum, at the back on the sofa, used to play in Manchester Recorder Orchestra, which makes a fantastic sound, including huge 'Great Bass' recorders, not a bad imitation of a symphony orchestra,playing arrangements of orchestral works. I couldn't find any clips, though.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 4:37 PM   #5

Thanks for posting these shots, Alan. Very nice. As for the safety of posting in this forum, I don't forward all the photos to the mob! :lol::lol::lol:

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote