Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Dec 7, 2007, 9:20 PM   #1

..on my left knee. This is the threadbare state yesterday of my 6-month old corduroy trousers. When working low I habitually drop on to my right knee, resulting in strain over the left one. They were very cheap, but such is the state of the modern clothing market that I could buy 10 pairs like this, that would last me for the rest of my life, for the price of one well-made pair.

I developed this habit a long, long time ago,when I spent a large part of a year kneeling alongside the secretaries as 'prisoner's friend' as they were computerised & initiated into Windows 3.1 & Word 2 (I think) in our research centre. I had no qualifications for this beyond being a reasonable person who knew a little bit, and was possibly less frightening than the other researchers and certainly less so than all the managers and computerpersons. "I haven't lost the document, it's in Word somewhere".

It's now a habit to drop on one knee 'to get down to it', whatever the job is, and all my left trouser knees show it.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2007, 9:23 PM   #2

This is the edge of a step on our aged stair carpet, a castoff from my wife's parents 25 years ago. We''ll get round to replacing it right soon now. A new one would soon get worn out; there's heavy traffic.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 8:38 PM   #3

Alan,

Dropping to one's knee's was also a sign of being "an altar boy" in the Catholic church.

But like you I have also felt that the dropping to the knees position to help the clerical staff in my office (when I was still working) was a way of demonstrating that I was not above getting down and irty to help them.

The corduroy wear is reminiscent of what I would find on my backside.

Nice shots.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:28 PM   #4

Time takes its toll on everything including fabric. Some items show their wear quicker than others. The wear can simply be an altered appearance or can be potentially hazardous as in the case of the carpet. I think you had better replace that carpet soon before someone gets injured.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote