Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:40 AM   #1

We had our first "treasure hunt" back at the first of the year and it was very successful. A great deal of interest was shown for doing it again periodically. Here is the second installment.

Your task for the next two weeks is to locate and photograph as many of the items in the following list as you can find. Some of the items are easy--some are hard. Archive photos are permitted since some items may be difficult to find this time of year (In the Northern Hemisphere).

Here is the list:
  1. One or more feathers. This can be in any setting such as on a bird, on a hat, in a chicken coup, etc.
    [/*]
  2. A lamp post. There are numerous styles and types of lamp posts. Show them to us.
    [/*]
  3. A horseshoe. This can also be in any setting--on a horse, above a barn door, the game of horseshoes, etc.
    [/*]
  4. Buttons. Any interpretation such as Grandma's button collection to an interesting button on apparel. I'll even allow political buttons.
    [/*]
  5. Sculptures. I have a personal rule against photographing other people's art since the photograph is my art. However, I can't count the number of times I've broken that rule. Show us interesting and unusual sculptures.
    [/*]
  6. A mouse. Any interpretation.
    [/*]
  7. A blade. Any interpretation. This could be a sword, lawnmower blade, saw blade, knife blade, etc.
    [/*]
  8. Construction. Anything construction related, equipment, signs, barriers, people, etc.
    [/*]
  9. A fan. Again, open interpretation.
    [/*]
  10. Candle(s). Show us interesting an/or unusual displays of candles. Show us artistic shots of candles burning. Shots of candle making.
    [/*]
  11. Skateboards. Wow! I never thought I'd include that one, as much as I hate skateboards. Open interpretation.
    [/*]
  12. Helicopter. On the ground or in flight. Model R/C helicopters OK, too.
    [/*]
When you post your photos for this challenge, please note the item number in the above list with each photo. I doubt that anyone will get all twelve but go out and find as many as you can. Remember, only two postings per day and a maximum of two photos per posting. Consequently, if you get more than four items on the list, you will have to spread your posting over two or more days.

Remember to put "Treasure Hunt #2" at the start of your subject line when posting.

OK! Go out and have some fun and thanks again, Bill Guenther, for suggesting this the first time.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:07 PM   #2

There is no requirement to shoot photos in all twelve categories. I know a number of people are trying to do it but it is not required. Also, there is no limit on how many photos in each category are posted.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote