Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:42 PM   #11

Walter has said it fairly well. If you reread the forum guidelines, especially the section on postprocessing, you will find this topic covered.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:45 PM   #12

I also read in the rules that the rules can be changed from time to time. I think this thread is one of those times. A picture might need to be a composite to clarify a difficult or long winded title.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:52 PM   #13

Joykill
tigerwings1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:50 AM   #14

Bynx, I have shared your sentiment in the past. However, there are a couple of points that swayed me toward supporting the existing "rules"

1. The idea of the challenge is to go out and shoot a subject that best meets a particular topic. Although we all go to our archives from time to time, the real fun is doing a fresh shoot to meet the challenge.

2. By allowing "extreme" modifications, composites, etc., some folks would have an unfair advantage -- as they have the software and experience to do things that others cannot. I think that would discourage many from participating.

Just my own take on it, for what its worth.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:00 AM   #15

Walter C wrote:
Quote:
Bynx, I have shared your sentiment in the past. However, there are a couple of points that swayed me toward supporting the existing "rules"

1. The idea of the challenge is to go out and shoot a subject that best meets a particular topic. Although we all go to our archives from time to time, the real fun is doing a fresh shoot to meet the challenge.

2. By allowing "extreme" modifications, composites, etc., some folks would have an unfair advantage -- as they have the software and experience to do things that others cannot. I think that would discourage many from participating.

Just my own take on it, for what its worth.
While I agree with you in principle Walter, the fact is this thread is just for fun. Its not to discourage anyone from Participating. In fact, it encourages everyone to participate and gives everyone the opportunity to try as many different methods to achieve the final product as best they can. It gives me the opportunity to play with Photoshop as well as others. Its by participating that we learn. Whatever the result of ones efforts we can be helped by others here to produce better. I welcome the encourgement to better my skills. I hope others would think likewise. Just going to the archives to display a photo that has been seen prior on various occasions in the forum neither teaches or encourages further development. The keyword is FUN. And when we create everyone wins.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote