Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:23 AM   #11

dr_spock wrote:
Quote:
Nicely done.** For some reason I keep thinking there is Terminator hidden under that face.* :-)
Very observant. You arent far wrong.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 3:29 PM   #12

Very nicely done.

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:04 PM   #13

Cool portrait T3... whoops I mean Bynx!

You look thoughtful, and your flowing hair and beard contrast the background well.

You did well to sit down in 2 seconds! (is that why you look thoughtful: "Did I sit down in time? Or will I have movement blur in this shot?") LOL! :G

Well done.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:21 PM   #14

I like this shot for the look - it almost instantly reminded me of a photo album I saw with only bighead shots in it.

I toyed around with the photo, mainly because I think it absolutely needs more sharpness and detail. Ithas lots of potential also when it comes to composition -and came up with this after a while. I am way too tired to continue but I thought I share it anyway - and hope you don't mind.

Again - great shot! Thanks for sharing.

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 6:36 PM   #15

Its not that easy Paul when taking your own picture. From the time I clicked the shutter and got in position and thought about all the things that would go wrong the picture was taken. I did it 3 or 4 times before I got one in right focus and centered as best I could. I should have zoomed back a bit more but I wanted it tight so there ya have it.
Thnk thanks for your efforts. Anything is an improvement. I do like the take on black and white. I shoot a lot of my subjects with a black background so only the colors of my subject show up. This goes right in line with your b&w version. Thanks.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 3:52 AM   #16

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Thnk thanks for your efforts. Anything is an improvement. I do like the take on black and white. I shoot a lot of my subjects with a black background so only the colors of my subject show up. This goes right in line with your b&w version. Thanks.
The problem with b&w are the eyes really. They change dramatically when you adjust the shadows, not easy to find the right slider positions... and for some reason the proggy "pixelized" the picture upon last resizing, it looked much better in 50% view of the 200% working picture (pic was too small to have a good sharpening attempt so I worked with 400% and 200%).

Regards,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote