Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:22 PM   #1

Hello everyone,

Interestingly I recently posted some photos of my wife (in the last few weeks) on other sections of the forum before this challenge was announced (you can check them out here: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=88 and http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=90 )

But for this forum, I'm attaching two different photos of my lovely "better half" here.

First photo from our honeymoon (about 1.5 years ago)... in the lovely south west corner of Greece.

Paul

Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:24 PM   #2

.... and the second portrait is one of the favourite photos I have made with my trusty Fuji F601 digital point and shoot camera....

This photo was a year before our wedding (taken in Romania where we lived till about 1 year ago). It remoinds me that good photos have more to do with capturing the right moment, composition, thought, etc - rather than having the very best and latest / newest camera and / or lens!

Happy viewing, and I'd appreciate all your comments.

Paul
Attached Images

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:24 AM   #3

Paul,

I had to flip between the photos several times to convince myself they are of the same person. The second shot seems almost childlike while the second shot boasts a certain degree of maturity. I suppose some of that comes with the bikini.

I prefer the contemplative nature of the second shot. The first shot might approach the impact of the second with cropping to isolate her from the surrounding beach etc.

Aloha and thanks for sharing.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 4:59 AM   #4

selvin wrote:
Quote:
Paul,

I had to flip between the photos several times to convince myself they are of the same person. The second shot seems almost childlike while the second shot boasts a certain degree of maturity. I suppose some of that comes with the bikini.

I prefer the contemplative nature of the second shot. The first shot might approach the impact of the second with cropping to isolate her from the surrounding beach etc.

Aloha and thanks for sharing.
Aloha Selvin!

Thanks for looking and your insightful comments.

I guess when you wrote: "The second shot seems almost childlike while the second shot boasts a certain degree of maturity" you meant: "The first shot seems almost childlike while the second shot boasts a certain degree of maturity."?

IMHO, the 2nd photo is also much more of a "mature / contemplative" moody photos, the first one is fun and just "I'm here"! Yes, interestingly, Tundi was 19 when the 2nd photo ("mature" one) was taken, but 20 when the 1st (bikini) one was taken!

Now she's just turned 22... and she jokes: "I'm starting to feeling old" - partly teasing me because I'm 33, and turning 34 in a few months! Thankfully my wife (and model!) is a very dynamic person and she has many vivid facial expressions and uses her body language to convey mood too.... so I enjoy capturing that!

Thanks for looking, Selvin (and others!)

More comments please!

Paul
Old Feb 16, 2008, 7:10 AM   #5

Paul,

Both of your photos are very nice. I as well had to look at both photos to see if it was the same person. :lol: Do you do black and whites?
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 7:59 AM   #6

Hi Cyberf828,

Thanks for viewing these photos and for your kind comments. I can see to "strangers" that these portraits don't exactly look like the same person.

You prompted me to add another post, with two black and white portraits here http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=85

Normally I keep my photos in colour, but occasionally I convert some to black and white (mainly with a few portraits and very occasionally an "old architecture" or landscape photo).

Please let me know your thoughts of the black and white portraits too...

Thanks and with regards,

Paul
Old Feb 16, 2008, 5:51 PM   #7

Very nicely done. This pair of photos would be a good candidate for a "contrasts" challenge, if we ever do one. The happy-go-lucky attitude of the first shot definitely contrasts with the serious attitude of the second. I think that's what makes them look like possibly different people.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:24 PM   #8

Hi Cal,

Yes I agree, these photos would suit well for a possible "contrasts" challenge. Actually I have several more of Tundi where her facial expressions are so strikingly different.

She is young at heart and enjoys many things in life, yet at the same time there is a deep maturity which is within and displays itself at various times too.

Thanks for looking!

Paul
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:20 PM   #9

Paul very nice black and whites.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:50 PM   #10

Hi Cyberf828,

Thanks for looking and commenting!!

Regards

Paul