Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:31 AM   #2

My friend Ned.
Attached Images

Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:47 AM   #3

AsI look at these photos, I am reminded of the importance of capturing those who are important to us.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 5:39 PM   #4

The first shot is good but I think it might be a bit better if you used a bit of fill flash dialed in at about -2.0 ev or a reflector placed to the right of the camera.

In the second shot, Ned looks like he could rip somebody's head off. However, I'm sure he's nice guy.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:59 AM   #5

Bynx

Mike and his wife look like a very amiable couple but as Cal said Ned looks like a no-nonsense guy.

Very nice candid portraits.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:48 PM   #6

G'day Bynx,

Good to see some of your friends! It's also interesting for me to read posters' perceptions of the nature of your friends from the photos. That's a natural human tendancy.... though we can often be wrong (as I've learned from life experience including working for a short period within the police).

My perceptions are that Mike and his wife probably are great folks to play cards with, enjoying an evening with cheese, crackers, a bit of wine and some appropriate soft background music from the 60's and 70's.

Ned looks a bit lonely in the photo, but I'm just guessing. He could be a retired sheriff (or do you call them "Mounties"?) from a township.

Most importantly, no matter what I think or how wrong or right I am... thanks for sharing your friends with us and regards to you and them. Enjoy your friendships with them!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:32 PM   #7

Its funny, your comments about my friend Ned. He has a violent temper and very little patience. However, if he is your friend he is 100%. Im sure you have heard of street smarts. Well Ned has farm smarts. He could live off the land and has eaten more things with four legs than I can think of. I used to like to visit him and listen to his stories. Always a good entertaining one and usually educational as well. He just moved away never to be seen again. He will be missed.