Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:06 PM   #1

This was taken about three hours ago, my son took me up to the clouds for a closer look.

Bob

Last edited by bhammitt; May 9, 2009 at 6:52 AM.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2008, 4:42 AM   #2

Hi Bob!

How cool that your son could take you for an up close n personal view of the clouds. Was that specifically as a response to this bi-weekly challenge? I remember you writing about him as a pilot recently.

Is it expensive to do a "quick flight"?

About the photo.... good honest, natural perspective. I love the rivots (or whatever they are) on the wings underside. Adds a lot of interest imho.

Photo seems a bit lacking in colours as the sky / clouds / ground / plane are similar colours. But that's probably just how it was. It does look very natural though... Not a criticism.

Cheers..

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 6:44 AM   #3

Hello Paul! Thanks for your comments! This flight hada dual purpose, this challenge and getting my son some flight time. It costs one hundred and twenty dollars per hour to fly the Cessna 172 we use from time to time. I lightened the photo some but it is very close to how it really looked, our area is quite dull looking right now, should green up soon though. My son is soon to be USAF 2nd Lt. Hammitt, I wish he couldfly me around inwhatever he flys then.

Bob

Last edited by bhammitt; May 9, 2009 at 6:52 AM.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 7:39 AM   #4

I will never cease to be amazed by the look of the earth from above. Ive been in almost every kind of flying machine and look forward to any opportunity to get up anytime. The only recurring dream I have often since before I can remember is flying. Its so exhilarating. Thanks for another view Bob and thank your son for me.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 4:23 AM   #5

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Hello Paul! Thanks for your comments! This flight hada dual purpose, this challenge and getting my son some flight time. It costs one hundred and twenty dollars per hour to fly the Cessna 172 we use from time to time. I lightened the photo some but it is very close to how it really looked, our area is quite dull looking right now, should green up soon though. My son is soon to be USAF 2nd Lt. Hammitt, I wish he couldfly me around inwhatever he flys then.

Bob
Thanks for replying, Bob.

Wow, you have great possibilities to kill two birds with one stone (get some unique perspectives for photo challenges, and allow your son to increase his flight time).

When I once went up in a Cessna 172 many years ago... (a uni friend of mine was a pilot)... I remember contributing about $25 (there were for of us in the plane) - to help cover costs. It was about an hour flight too.

About the photo... I actually prefer the 1st version, the clouds seem to have a bit more detail and depth to them when they aren't so bright. 2nd photo doesn't bring this out imho.

Congrats with your son's appointment soon. Keep us informed of how he goes.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 5:52 AM   #6

Great shot. Like Bynx I love to look down from above at the earth. I always try to get a window seat when we fly.
yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:07 PM   #7

I thought that looked like a Cessna wing! I have logged many hours in a C172 although it was not one the better planes I flew--seriously underpowered.

Great cloud shots.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote