Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:38 PM   #1

Timinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:30 PM   #2

I hope no nearly-middle-aged persons were harmed in the making of this sequence!

The poses are amazingly well reproduced. Congratulations to performers & photographers.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 3:12 PM   #3

You mean to say that after 30 years you still haven't outgrown that activity??

As long as skateboarders stay in skate parks, I'm OK with it. It's the ones who think they own the sidewalks, stairs, and any other surface capable of "supporting" a board that I have much hatred for. I have seen so much damage caused by skateboards and so much disregard for other people legitimately using the sidewalks.

Getting back to skate parks, I have seen some unbelievable stunts executed by skaters of all ages. Consequently, it is my opinion that skateboarding is a great sport but it has its place. OK, I just fell off my soapbox because I wasn't in an authorized soapbox park! :roll::roll::roll:

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:56 PM   #4

Timinator,

Superbly done! Both photographically and skateboarding... Hope you had a blast reproducing this.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:02 AM   #5

Quote:
You mean to say that after 30 years you still haven't outgrown that activity??
Oh Geez, here we go again. How many times to you suppose I've heard that over the last ten years or so??:?

Skateboarding is a sport. Why should I stop...just because I'm 48? Hell, I have a great time skating and it's an awesome workout to boot!!It is a legitimate and thriving sport with excellent athletes. If it was skiing, or tennis, or golf would you say the same thing? I also snowboard andsurf. Should I "outgrow" those too?I am a married man, father of three beautiful kids, who incidentallly, skate with me and are very proud of the fact that "their daddy" skateboards.

I wear safety equipment, skate in skateparks or private ramps and I also know my limits.

I don't "street skate" so I don't tear up buildings, sidewalks and rails, and I certainly don't condone those that do.

By the way, Oregon has some of the best skateparks in the world! I've been there and skated a few along with several "over the hill skateboarders". :-)

Okay, I'm off my soapbox also.

Basically just saw this topic and though it fit. As you can see, I'm thirty years older, but the expression and skate style remain the same.

Timinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:19 AM   #6

I dont skateboard but I highly recommend your contination with it. Great skills in balance and coordination will keep your mind sharp. I was a gymnast all my life and its helped even now. Good luck in your continued participation.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:57 AM   #7

The last 10 years has seen the Portland metro area really get with the program. City built public skate parks are showing up all over the area. As soon as they open, they are overcrowded with skaters and bicyclists showing off their stunt work.

I wasn't criticizing you, Timinator, merely expressing my opinion of the irresponsible street skaters who don't care what happens. Some of the best skateboarders I have seen have been adults. I used to work about a half block from one of the earliest parks built in Portland under the Burnside Bridge. Some of the stunt work I saw there was unbelievable.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:43 PM   #8

I am very impressed with the photography and the skill...as an 18 year oldAND a 48 year old.

Keep it up, may you never feel old like the rest of us!!!
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:00 PM   #9

I could never skateboard at age 18 and definitely couldn't at age 50. Congratulations for staying so limber.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2008, 2:08 PM   #10

Very nice comparison. Glad youare still able to enjoy the sport. The few times I tried to just roll a little on a skateboard, I fell on my . . . :roll:

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote