Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:35 PM   #1

Almost 100 years of Camera technology here. The one on the left is a Kodak Folding Brownie No.3 Circa 1914. The Middle one is an Argus C3 Circa 1944-54, and the one on the right a Canon 30D Circa 2006. The Kodak is a3 1/4 X 5 1/2format, the Argus is 35MM. All are still fully functional. (the guinea pig is using a Nikon F301 35mm film camera:lol

Mugmar
Attached Images

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:15 PM   #2

Nice illustration of the march of time in cameras.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:57 PM   #3

Maybe its just me, but I think every camera I have ever seen looks absolutely fantastic. Ive never been unimpressed with any camera. There is always an exception to every rule however, and the one exception I can think of offhand is the Kodak Instamatic. But the fine examples of cameras here makes my toes curl a bit. Thanks.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:06 PM   #4

What about all the varieties of one-time-use cameras out there. Basically what you get is a plastic box hidden inside a cardboard wrapper. That's pretty dull and uninteresting--but they take fairly good photos.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 7:12 AM   #5

Great picture. It's wonderful to still have the older versions of camera. I have to admit though that my first camera was a Kodak Instamatic (all I could afford as a teenager those many years ago) and it served it's purpose of capturing memories for me - although not with artistic quality.
yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 2:44 PM   #6

As others noted the compare and contrast is very nice. Despite being a part of the whole growing process inheyday of the camera with roll film I found it frustrating at times trying to find the right size roll film for your camera. With Murphy's law always operatingit was a daunting task at times to find 120 roll film , or 620, or 135 you get the picture. I was overjoyed when the 135 format began to dominate the consumer film industry.

I wonder what ever happened to AGFA, ILFORD, ANSCO, 3M?

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote