Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:18 PM   #1

Hi,
I am borrowing two shots from my Porsche Boxter Series. I didn't really had the challenge in mind when I started to photograph the car, but the strong orange ground really gave a certain glow on the car when viewed from the right angle so I tried to capture that, too.

#1 - I like how the orange ground is reflected by the car here, with some phantasy you might think the metal is still glowing by heat!

#2 - a warm, inviting red - don't you agree?

For those that care, the whole series is here: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=62

Regards,
Th.

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2008, 5:29 AM   #2

Hi Th

Great idea.. and lovely car.

I'm glad you could think outside the square and share these with us. Lovely German engineering and class beauty (reflecting the warm orange surrounds)

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 4:54 PM   #3

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Th

Great idea.. and lovely car.

I'm glad you could think outside the square and share these with us. Lovely German engineering and class beauty (reflecting the warm orange surrounds)

Paul
Thank you!

Well - sunrises and fireplaces and stuff is what comes first into mind... yes - but as other photos show "warm colors" can be found in lot's of situations. I busy myself too much at the moment and don't take enough time to browse the challenge pics *blush* but the few threads I read had some nice photos in it...

As for the car - the lighting wasn't bad, but I really had a hard time to avoid having all those spot lights in my photos... so the orange reflection and the "low" shots really helped me to capture that car.

Regards,
Th.

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 7:10 PM   #4

Great shots. The series is fantastic!!! What part of Germany are you located?? I was stationed over there for many years, and my wife is from Hessen.

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote