Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 10, 2008, 12:34 PM   #1

CDT stands for 'Craft, Design & Technology'. In English this means school woodwork and metalwork. My daughter and son attended and attend our local secondary school. They both, 8 years apart, created plastic-coated wrought iron hanging basket hooks in their CDT classes. The brackets are therefore of sentimental as well as decorative and functional value. They're also open with curves and non-rectangular apertures, and outdoors.

So I just did some crisis photography. My wife's been shopping and embarked on replanting our hanging baskets, so that they'll be beautiful in about a month's time, but imminently nearly empty and boring. The shots I had in mind for the 'Needle' challenge became urgent, in spite of Cal's kind extension. I'm mostly bedridden for about a fortnight, and the back doorstep is as far as I can safely & sensibly go. I'd intended using a step ladder and mini-tripod; instead I perched on one foot on the back doorstep, holding the camera as high above me as I could, looking at the dim image on the LCD (which I don't normally use).

In this first shot, the subject is one bracket seen through the other. In any other forum I'd have cloned out the camper van (can't move it at present), as in the inset, but that's cheating.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2008, 12:36 PM   #2

In this second shot, the subject is the basket and its overwintering contents. Depth of field (not to mention direction of aim) was problematical, so it's a crop from a 36mm equiv. shot. Apologies for quality. But the thought was there.

Note that we also have an accidental European Union flag, customised for the UK, as a ‘glory', and an excuse for poor framing due to restricted mobility. The Ford emblem is also glorious in history, and perhaps flies as a flag in a few places

Hope you're entertained; the neighbours would have been if they'd seen me performing strange antics in nightclothes.
Attached Images

Old May 10, 2008, 12:48 PM   #3

I hope I didnt miss the reason for your convalescense Alan. Can you tell me whats up with your medical condition?
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 1:09 PM   #4

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
...Can you tell me whats up with your medical condition?
A fairly minor orthopaedic operation, but many wouldn't think so. For the sake of good taste and squeamish persons I'll pm you. I have a few images that'd give a clue, one of which appeared right here as a silhouette years ago. I'll consider posting them in funny fotos, or somewhere if I can think of an excuse. Don't worry folks, I'll be better than ever, (well, better than for a long time), soon!