Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 26, 2008, 7:50 PM   #1

OK. I'll quit after this one. this is a stand alone collater we use to collate, saddle stich, fold and face trim booklets.

I guess I should say, parts of two collaters. one on the left is a 22 bin and what you see on the right is the bins pulled out from the smaller 10 bin collater.
Attached Images

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2008, 12:20 AM   #2

Ive been around binderies since 1968. Things have changed a bit since those early days. Machines instead of women doing the work. I used to work a Polar cutter for a bit and in fact have done most kinds of bindery work at one point or another. I was a graphic artist for large printers in Toronto. In my off times I would wander around and pick up anything I could do until I got bored. Bindery work is certainly boring when done manually. As Jayne Mansfield once said...Thanks for the mammaries.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 1:29 PM   #3

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
....I was a graphic artist....
We'd never have guessed! Keep up the good work.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 4:01 PM   #4

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Ive been around binderies since 1968. Things have changed a bit since those early days. Machines instead of women doing the work. I used to work a Polar cutter for a bit and in fact have done most kinds of bindery work at one point or another. I was a graphic artist for large printers in Toronto. In my off times I would wander around and pick up anything I could do until I got bored. Bindery work is certainly boring when done manually. As Jayne Mansfield once said...Thanks for the mammaries.
Yep I figured as much.:idea: Not too many would recognize that close a shot of the cutter bed.

The commit about getting bored really cracked me up! I know what you mean; fortunately I very seldom have to do any bindery work myself. I just load the press with paper, get it going then sit down and read the paper or photography books until it quits… then unload the towers and start over again… it's a living but, as you say, boring. :lol::lol::lol:
ps. here is a small pic of what the cutter looks like. we got this one new a few years back after the boss cut off two fingers on the old one when it malfuntioned...:shock:

Attached Images

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 8:41 PM   #5

Seeing that small photo I would still ask if it was a Polar. It looks so familiar. But its been a few years since Ive been in a bindery/press room. Ive always preferred to work in a complete one stop shop with a printing press and bindery. Then I get to see my work from beginning to end. Unfortunately my last years of working were just in Mac environments. Much quieter but no final result.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote