Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:13 PM   #1
daz

I am going to have to think about this some more. I see if I can come up with some thing better this weekend when I have more time.

DAZ
Attached Images

daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:30 AM   #2

Daz,

This should qualify with the steps in the foreground in focus and the distant trees as the end of the corridor still in focus.

The spots are a distraction and I'm curious about the weird paint job.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:35 PM   #3
daz

Thanks selvin. If you are talking about the bright part of the photo on the left bottom then the story for that is this. The sun was setting and that part of the photo was all in the sun. I tried to block it with my shadow but I guess I have to go off of my diet, as I could not fill the hole. Normally I would do some dodging/burning but in this forum we try to do everything in camera.

Now as to the paint: This piece of property next to a lake a long time ago had a house on it. The owners removed the house and gave it to the county to turn it into a park. Some things got left behind, some old side walks, the poll you see is the old power poll and these steps that went from the house down to the lake. Over the years someone had panted some graffiti on the walls of the steps. Just recently someone else came and painted over the graffiti with glossy black paint. With the ruff surface on the concrete I thought it look different so I took a photo of it.

DAZ
Old Jul 18, 2008, 2:37 PM   #4

I guess I am more blind than I thought! I thought that black paint was water! Good DOF but other than that, the photo doesn't do much for me.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 6:10 PM   #5

You only have to look at the picture Cal, you dont have to take it to bed. :blah:
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:09 PM   #6
daz

Yes calr, I am not all that happy with it myself. I know I can do better so this weekend you have inspired me to go try and do better. I was thinking a stairway to heaven thing when took the photo so maybe I will have to find something more up and a way.

DAZ