Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 19, 2008, 1:32 PM   #1

I was doing some bird photos yesterday evening when it occurred to me that this migyht work for the current challenge.
Attached Images

spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:35 PM   #2

Voila, we have a photo! Sorry about that boo-boo. Angie
Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:40 PM   #3

You've definitely got good DOF. As for the composition, I think it would be better shot over the top of the fence rather than through it but that's just my opinion.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:58 PM   #4

I like it very much because it's a striking shot, dominated by the fence, and it tells a story (maybe). The fence isn't likely to be keeping animals out, because there's an arable crop outside it, not a grazing area. I think it's a safety measure, because of the steep and dangerous slope.

'spedangie' has taken it from a a child's-eye viewpoint, reminding me, for example, of the tragic beginning of "Don't look now", the Julie Christie/Donald Sutherland movie that goes on to include some of both the most passionately romantic, and horrifically chilling scenes on film.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 12:21 AM   #5

You're right Alan, it is to keep people out. I live in a small rural manfactured homepark. There aren't a lot of kids, but no one wants them (or any adults) near THIS pond. You see, the secret I didn't share with anyone is that this is actually the sewage lagoon. It never smells bad and actually has geese around it, as well as producing some dramatic sunsets, but it is what it is.

Hmmm, between my outhouse picture (sorry Cal) and mention of frequent lack of indoor plumbing at our rural schools from the Brookside school post (yes, that means we used the dreaded outdoor privys) and now a whole darn lagoon, I seem to be stuck in manure of one sort or another. Maybe I'd better find something to photograph that can't remotely be connected to this sometimes smelly subject! Angie
Old Jul 20, 2008, 6:35 AM   #6

I like the fence. I think it adds a lot to the photo plus it's a great job to get it in focus as well as the background.
yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:24 AM   #7

Nice, spedangie. I like it as is with the fence. It adds to it.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote