Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 24, 2008, 4:57 AM   #1

Throughout the hours of departure of 70-odd tall ships, the young tennis players bashed away on the municipal courts. Behind my comfy, grassy bank beyond the railings,there was an even better, but more crowded view.

I moved up there for the challenge, and to use the spikes on the railings, which I knew from experience provide a good camera support when (gently) inserted into the tripod bush on a camera.

1/400s, f/8, ISO 100, 62mm equiv., flash-assisted
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2008, 5:11 AM   #2

I'd parked & caught the trainfrom the beautiful garden village of Port Sunlight, just opposite Liverpool across the Mersey. It was built at the start of the 20th century as an enlightened, pleasant and improving, butstrictly-regulated home for the workers at the soapworks of William Lever, 1st Lord Leverhulme, a Lancashire grocer's son, who founded what is now the gigantic multinational Unilever.

The building is the Lady Lever Art Gallery & Museum, built in memory of his wife, which houses part of the eclectic, near random, collection of artworks he gathered from his global travels around his enterprises. The village remains almost untouched, a haven of peace and beauty well within the edgeof the Liverpool-Birkenhead-Merseyside conurbation.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:29 AM   #3

Beutiful!

Did you see the words "Port Sunlight" Written out in flowers as you entered the village?

Really nice to see some good shots of near where i live, Super picture of the gallery, the flowers and bushes are perfect!
SimmiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 6:54 PM   #4

Both shots are good. I think the pink ball is a nice touch in the first shot. The second shot is beautiful.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote