Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Aug 12, 2008, 3:34 PM   #1

After a fairly technical challenge on DOF I decided to give us a breather which I hope will be fun.

My Favorite Things, A very popular song that most people remember only as being performed by Mary Martin in the "Sound of Music."

"raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens."
This song has deep roots also among Jazz greats. Brubeck, Coltrane, Sarah Vaughanand others have made instrumental and vocal classic versions.

Your job is to take pictures of your favorite things. PLEASE let us know why they are your favorite things. After all, we want to know if your photographic rendition does justice to your subject. No, there will be no "favorite things" Nazi checking to see if you just took the photograph and made up your list.

The usual guidelines regarding posting apply. Remember. insert the line "My Favorite Things" in the first line of your post.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:23 PM   #2

Mary Martin dates some of us. The more "recent" 1965 film version featured Julie Andrews as the lead female vocalist. As far as I know, Julie no longer performs since losing her voice after throat surgery. The world lost a great performer when that happened.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:36 AM   #3

Hello Selvin and Cal

Well, I must say I am very amused at the topic / challenge for these 2 weeks!! It's a good idea (especially after the technically challenging "shallow dof" we just had!)

I have a question... Is it mere coincidence that you chose "my favourite things" as the challenge, or was it perhaps conceived with my post here:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=85

where I quote that song from the Sound of Music in the sub title?... I had written that on the 2nd of August... so it definitely was an idea before this challenge was presented to us as the humble members of the public.

I look forward to your answer...

Cheers... and I hope to make and contribute some photos over the remaining time of this challenge.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote