Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:50 AM   #1

At work we have a hallway where we store mirrors called (you guessed it) "The Hall of Mirrors." It took me a while to find the sweet spot.

The bronze frame is on the wall in front of me. The dark brown is on the wall behind me. The gold - in front. The heart sticker is on a mirror behind me. And the oval mirror is on the wall in front of me.

Canon 20D, EF 28-135 f/4.5-5.6 IS @ 65mm f/5, 1/50s, ISO1600, no flash
Attached Images

PhotoCarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:27 AM   #2

Cool! Looks like there are many more than three mirrors there. What do you do for work that you have all those mirrors?

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:40 AM   #3

Patty,
There are actually 5 mirrors in the shot. Hence the sub-title "5 For The Price Of 1." There are over 20 mirrors in that hallway. I walk through it every day and when this Biweekly Shoot Out was announced I started taking my time walking through.

What's my "real job"? Well, I sort of work with film. I'm actually a Construction Coordinator for film and television. The Carp part of PhotoCarp is for carpenter. To quote a friend of mine "I'm not a real carpenter but I play one on TV."
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0492489/

--
Steve Lawler
PhotoCarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:40 AM   #4

That's true on the five mirrors. Guess I was refering to the glass I could see. I hate that you can't see the topic once you get past the index screen.

Hey, you are in the company of a few relatives ofmine - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0292841/ He's no longer with us. I was quite curious to see your page when I saw the imdb, knowing what it was. A nephew of mine is also in there.

I'll have to watch for your name in the credits. A lot of the shows you do are ones I watch.

Patty

p.s. Btw, I'm glad to hear the Carp didn't stand for the fish.:-) I thought maybe you were a fish fanatic.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 4:42 PM   #5

Another great composition. I can just see you moving around finding the perfect spot.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 7:36 PM   #6

I hope you don't get lost in there! Great shot. Since it is a mirror storage location, I would guess that you could go back there from time to time with your camera and get totally different shots. If you decide to try this after this challenge expires, you could post your mirror photos in the "Other Photos" forum.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote