Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 10, 2008, 5:04 AM   #1

Sorry this is a late entry. I prepared to post it on the first day of this challenge, and hoped for better. Since then it's poured with rain here, mostly.

I took it when shooting in our garden for the 'Moon' topic in June, at 19:30 GMT with the sun on the right, so I was in the shade of the house. I spotted (and heard) my wife practising her 'cello in the living room, attempted to take a candidpicture of her, and then realised I could see things behind me as well, in a bizarre surreal mixture, so I took the picture anyway.Sue, concentrating intensely,never spotted me as I bobbed around for a viewpoint.

We can't work out where the origins of many of these reflections are. Above Sue's head we see the far side of the room, and the sunlit trees beyond. However, there is foliage superimposed on the right-hand window frame upright, and that must have been behind me in the garden.

In the top right hand quarter, the two poles and power and telephone lines are behind me. They're the view down the road (N), and I'm facing up the road (S). That's split by the bright stripe, which is a sunlit alcove with a window facing SW, causing the silhouette of the hanging pot at the far end of the room. The blue cloth mixed with Sue's right hand is a mystery.

Thanks to Selvin, for demonstrating inhis better organised fashion that mixed images of in front and behind at the same timecan be prettyinteresting.

Was hoping for good reflections in the copious (but normal & controlled)floods nearby, if the sun came out and the wind died, but we've finished the fortnight, and it's still but dull. UK has suffered severe flooding in places again, by its local modest standards.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:49 AM   #2

Well you end off the challenge with a bang. This is a really interesting affair. Your explanation helps to understand what is a reflection and whats behind the glass. Well done Alan.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:59 AM   #3

Thanx, Bynx!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:56 PM   #4

Alan,

It's almost as if your living room extended into the world outside. Iteresting effect.

I guess playing the fiddle while Londinium is submerged in water is much better than having Rome burning while playing the fiddle.

Thanks for your kind comments re my submission.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 8:29 PM   #5

Great photo.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 5:14 AM   #6

selvin wrote:
Quote:
...I guess playing the fiddle while Londinium is submerged in water is much better than having Rome burning while playing the fiddle...
A wonderfully apt analogy for burning & blazing away while the world sits in a slow cooker with the thermostat a little too high, Selvin!

Thanks, everyone.