Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 7, 2008, 4:56 PM   #1

As far as I know, the "Digital Art" forum was created before the "Biweekly Shootout" and "Xtreme Makeover" was spawned from the "Biweekly Shootout". There was an early challenge named "Xtreme Makeover" and there were numerous requests to create a separate forum with that same name. It was made so.

For the next two weeks you be asked to produce digital manipulations as with the "Colors" challenge but this will be different.

For your first choice, you will find four photos posted below. These are semi-random picks from my photo database. You may pick one or more of these and perform any kind of manipulation that is morally acceptable for family viewing. You may completely alter the image or try to make the original image better.

For the second choice, you may post one or more of your own photos for others to manipulate. There is one exclusionary rule. If you post a photo, you may not post altered versions of that photo. That is for others to do.

This is "Digital Art" meets "Xtreme Makeover". The net result is "Digital Makeover". Please put that title on your subject line.

Rule #4 continues to be suspended for the next two weeks and beyond that...we'll see what happens.

Here are the four starter photos:

#1 is an acrylic salt shaker with some creative backlighting.

#2 is a balloon arch in front of the Portland Rose Garden Arena

#3 is the spiral staircase in the Coquille River Lighthouse in Bandon, Oregon.

#4 is a fire hydrant with ball shot near my home.

To download any of these images, simply right-click on the image and select "save image as".

Now, let's have some fun.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links