Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:40 AM   #1

First off, I would like to apologize to Calr and the members of the forum. It was a most unfortunate situation which occurred and I truly regret it had to happen. Ive had contact from many of you during my ban and I appreciate your support.
I hope in a short time that ALL participants will embrace the new rules and contribute new exciting entries to the challenges. And by new exciting, I mean in the more expanded way we now have available to show our entries. For some there will be no change. For others it will be limited to their desire or abilities and for others yet it will be a great time to 'fix' those little things about a photo that need fixing. Each and every one can make the choice they personally desire. If anyone has any hesitation taking full advantage of this situation I encourage you to email me and I guarantee to help you as I have helped many already. Perhaps in ways you havent thought of. Personally I feel that although its not a perfect forum, we are a darn sight closer to it. In a final thought, I have to say, Calr has been a bigger man than I thought he was, and I will start appreciating him better. As for the change in the rules......Thank you.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:03 AM   #2

Hey, welcome back my friendI think youactualized a 'first'in this regard!

from your original: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=85

PS. I shoud also add my admiration for Calr ragarding his constructive actions which folowed the unfortunate event..

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:56 AM   #3

Bahadir.

Like an old glove lovingly worn time and time again to provide warmth and comfort your thoughts are most gratefully received.

Thank you for thinking of us.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 3:01 AM   #4

Bynx,

These are indeed trying times and the Hawaiian word that best sums up my welcome to you, "Aloha."

For the curious the Hawaiian word Aloha,

Aloha in the Hawaiian language means affection, love, peace, compassion and mercy. Since the middle of the 19th century, it also has come to be used as an English greeting to say goodbye and hello.

Selvin
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 6:27 AM   #5

I was not online much recently, so I missed the discussion till it was over (but have read parts of it since).

But I wish to say I am certainly very glad all things have worked out well in the end, and it's a tribute to a sensible forum of honourable people!

Thanks Calr, Bynx, Selvin, Bahadir, and so many others...

Wow, I didn't see the spray can post before, but I feel humbled I'm also in that list! (cheers!)

Onwards to future challenges! Thanks for being a good online community all.

Regards,

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:40 AM   #6

Welcome back, Bynx and thank you for your kind comments.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:26 PM   #7

Hey Bynx,

welcome back, grab a chair and a drink and make yourself a home here again! I am happy and somewhat relieved, that thingsdeveloped that way. To my mind it's ok to argue, even battle over things - as long as this leads to some kind of solution, preferrable something better and richer than before.

It gives me a good, warm and secure feeling that people in this forum are treated well and with respect, even if there are moments or periods of misunderstanding or disagreement. This is a thing I hope to see from all members, regardless of photographic skills/gear/experience, administrative rights/duties, personal preferencesetc. This forum is amongst a few, thatI visit on a regular base because I like the spirit and the people... and it shows. Well done all, take a deep breath and a day off (mentally) from the stress, than look forward to the next challenge!

I guess Selvin summed this up in a shorter and much nicer way already, so no need to re-phrase. In the spirit what he already said I want to welcome you with this nice greeting, too:

ALOHA!

(I think I'll file the information of the "old meaning" and will use that greeting now and then when I feel the situation is right.)

Best regards,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 3:02 PM   #8

We would also like to welcome Bynx back. Like all close nit families, there will be disagreements and arguments, but in the end it usally works out for the best, and this time, it did.

On a personel note, we have not been on much over the past few weeks because life gets in the way of the fun stuff, and we hada a major computer crash.!!!

Now lets all get back shooting:|

Mugmar

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:06 PM   #9

I have to say, I dont take your words lightly. Each and every one of you have expressed yourself in a way that has touched me deeply. I look forward to sharing much with each and every one of you. Thank you and ...... Aloha.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:02 AM   #10

Seems like I'm not the only one that's been "away" recently and missed a lot of this. But, I must say I am glad of the outcome and the comraderie that everyone could put forth to get through this.

We also had a computer crash and our almost back in business with a brand new one (it made more sense than rebuilding an 8 year old one). Still trying to get things installed and set up hoping to find more free time to start shooting again.

Welcome back, Bynx.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote