Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Dec 4, 2008, 3:15 PM   #1

The Bynx family eats this at every special occastion. Falafel - a vegetarian delight. A blend of chick peas varous other beans, herbs and spices rolled into bite size balls and deep fried. Served with pickled turnip, tomatoes and parsley and drizzled with sesame sauce. With this I like creamy goat cheese blended with thyme, oregano, garlic and lemon rolled in grape vine leaves. Finally, a side dish of Humus. Ground chick peas mixed with tahineh (sesame sauce), garlic and slash of lemon. A small puddle of olive oil in the middle its eaten with pita bread. Of course this fine repast is downed with the international drink of choice. Coca-Cola.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:43 AM   #2

Bynx,

You most certainly have a cosmopolitan family group. The Coca Cola almost made it over the edge. Wonder what the favorite drink of the Lebanese is? Wouldn't be surprised it it were Coke.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 6:58 AM   #3

Wow! That sounds like a lot of preparation. Great photo and recipe description.
yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 7:58 AM   #4

Selvin, having lived in the middle east for a number of years, I have picked up some assorted eating tastes. The main drinks of Lebanon is actually a watery goat yogurt or just plain bottled water. While Coke isnt the national drink it certainly is available there, so in showing it here its certainly not out of place. Now I have a question....where is everyone? Why am I the only one making an effort on this challenge? Is it perhaps because no one has a picture of food in the shoe box of photos in the closet? Get off your bottoms people and shoot something.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 4:35 PM   #5

Nice shot Bynx. Not sure I would like all of it though!!!!

As for not posting, our attempts have all come up short so far, and nothing in the shoebox!!!

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 4:27 AM   #6

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Now I have a question....where is everyone? Why am I the only one making an effort on this challenge? Is it perhaps because no one has a picture of food in the shoe box of photos in the closet? Get off your bottoms people and shoot something.
Hehe,
as I already said in your clementine posting, I thought the challenge was asking for the more opulent foods, like christmas goose etc. - my bad, I seem to have misinterpreted this.

I'll keep my eyes open and try to come up with something more simple.

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote