Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:42 AM   #1

This is a rather mundane shot but I'd imagine individuals buried under snow at the moment are probably wondering what it's like looking out of your window in Hawaii.

Keep in kind we are in the midst of a cold snap also with temperatures falling to 60 in many places.

Well here goes. Some cropping and straightening with atad of color and light correction due to the dirty windows.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:29 AM   #2

Hi Selvin! I think this is a wonderful photo, it is so nice to see leaves on a tree!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:19 AM   #3

I think this is a disgusting photo, selvin. Disgusting because I want so badly to be there, shivering in your 60 degree cold spell.8) A few nights ago, just after I had unfrozen an armload of wood for the fire, Clint called with a sad tale of not getting enough beach time because he's taking two classes this term at Hawaii Pacific. Of course, when he called he was trying to make up for it at Sunset Beach.

At least summer is not that far away, and every good father has to see his kids at least once a year (at least when they live in Hawaii)

I like the photo. Aloha.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:56 AM   #4

Selvin, wonderful...I can almost feel the wonderful WARMTH of your 60 degrees!!!
I think the horizontal lines in the windows really add to the image.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:33 AM   #5

Here is a nice comparison. I think you can see the rock group....The Bare Naked Trees. I see I have to go out and clear off the bird feeder again.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:51 PM   #6

Folks, thanks for your comments.

Paul, this year has been a banner year for surfers. The Eddie Aikau surfing tournament (25+ft waves) almost made it. there's still hope for it tho.

Bob, Vanessa, Bynx, there are some who still yearn for the "Bare Naked Trees." Not me 5 years in Chicago cured me of that yearning.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:46 AM   #7

Bynx, I believe your hummingbirds are long gone for now....or are you wishful thinking by having their feeder up that one missed his flight back?
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:20 AM   #8

You can see how far up I am. Only 5 stories but just above the hummingbird flight path. I often see then flying around blow me visiting the flowers on the balconies. So far they havent gotten up to my level to sample my feeder. It will be a glorious day when they do.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote