Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 6, 2009, 2:19 PM   #1

One of oldest public buildings in HB is the high school. It is currently undergoing extensive renovations.

Interestingly, my daughter's career was launched here. As a widowed father I nervously watched her compete for the title of "Miss Huntington Beach" 25 years ago here in this building's auditorium. She was the 1st runner-up, narrowly losing to a voluptuous blonde, blue-eyed stereotypical "beach bunny". I saw the winner 10 years later, and 40 pounds heavier, working as a bank teller.

Meanwhile, my daughter went on to enjoy a very successful television and film career. More about her here: www.lisaguerrero.net

I think what she learned from that experience was that, just because others judge you by a different standard doesn't lessen who you really are.

Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2009, 2:21 PM   #2

Here's a side view of the building. The renovations are probably completed now, as I took these shots a couple of months ago, but just got around to editing them.
Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:59 AM   #3

Walter,

I like the perspective in thesecond shot. It really gives the building more oomph. Perhaps due to the longitudinal lines compared to the fist shot.

Lisa's got great genes.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 8:12 PM   #4

You've got one good looking daughter, Walter!

I agree with Selvin on the perspective of the second shot. Buildings shot at an oblique angle always look better than straight on. A straight-on shot does not give any sense of scale. I think it is ok to include a straight-on shot with oblique shots to show details of parts of the building but it probably shouldn't be the first shot in the series. That's the way I see it. News at eleven!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote